The Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts announced on Feb. 12 the schedule of public forums with the nominees for election as bishop.
The forums will take place on:
• Friday, March 14, 6:30 p.m., at St. Andrew’s Church (79 Denton Road) in Wellesley;
• Saturday, March 15, 1 p.m., at Trinity Church (Copley Square) in Boston;
• Sunday, March 16, 4 p.m., at St. Stephen’s Church (74 South Common Street) in Lynn;
• Monday, March 17, 6:30 p.m., at Grace Church (422 County Street) in New Bedford; and
• Tuesday, March 18, 6:30 p.m., at Christ Church (33 Central Street) in Andover.
Clergy and convention delegates, as well as all interested members of the diocese, are invited and encouraged to attend one or more of these sessions. It is expected that all five nominees on the slate announced Jan. 15 and any qualifying petition candidates will participate in all five forums. Any qualifying petition candidates will be announced on or before Saturday, March 1.
Additional daytime events are being planned for the candidates on the dates set aside for the forums. Candidates will have a tour of the diocesan offices and meetings with the bishops and diocesan staff. The candidates also will have the opportunity for prayer and reflection, as well as exposure to local cultural activities to better understand the diocese and its people.
The electing convention is scheduled for Saturday, April 5 at the Cathedral Church of St Paul (138 Tremont Street) in Boston. In the event that the electing convention recesses before completing its business, it is scheduled to reconvene on Saturday, April 12 at the Cathedral Church of St. Paul.